For 17 years VHR have provided skilled engineers into Aerospace & Aviation, Automotive, Engineering, Defence and Marine. As many engineers have recently lost their jobs due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have a wealth of engineers, technicians and assembly workers available to make ventilators.
· General engineering
· Design and specification
· Rapid prototyping
· Product assembly
With the disruption of the coronavirus, many Aviation and Automotive companies are being affected by travel restrictions, lack of customer demand and market decline. In response to COVID-19, over 60 companies across Engineering-related sectors have already signed up to begin manufacturing ventilators for payment.
Could your business start manufacturing ventilators? The Government is looking for any Engineering or Manufacturing-related business, of any size or capability, to make Rapidly Manufactured Ventilation Systems (RMVS) at speed and scale.
· Working continuously with a 100% duty cycle for blocks of 14 days
· Providing at least two settings for volume of air/air O2 mix delivered per cycle/breath at a peak pressure of 350 mm H2O
· Capability for patient supply pipework to remain constantly pressurised to 150mm H20
· Adjustable rate of between 12 and 20 cycles/breaths per minute
· Built from O2 safe components to avoid fire risk and demonstrate hotspot avoidance.
· Ability to supply pure air and air O2 mix at a range of concentrations including at least 50% and 100% Oxygen.
· Supporting connections for hospital Oxygen supplies – whether driven by piped or cylinder infrastructure.
· Compatibility with standard COTS catheter mount fittings
· Fail SAFE, ideally generating a clear alarm on failure.
Read the full requirements for building ventilation machines here: https://cw-chamber.co.uk/media/7176/specification_for_rmvs_challenge.pdf
If you think your business could start building ventilators and would like to discuss your suitability or any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 207 500 7980.